Friday, May 29, 2015

Post-Trip: Harrison Hills

So, what'd I learn from this trip?

I need better bug countermeasures. Possibly Permethrin? (I believe permethrin is supposed to kill bugs not just repel them)

I need a liquid human fuel solution for hilly terrain

I need to pick a less hilly trip for my second outing ever.

It's a lot nicer having a companion with you. Some people might prefer solitude, and I did okay solo hiking, but I enjoyed having a companion.

I should go back to harrison hills next april, when temperatures are much cooler.

I'm nowhere near the shape I should be in.

I need to test my filter further, decide if I want to keep it. I'm not as happy with it as I was prior to this trip.

I'm happy with most of my gear though, most if it worked splendidly.

I need a bug net for my hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment